December 05, 2006
2) Where were you when 9-11 happened? Getting ready for school. I really didn't pay any attention to the TV because I didn't want to miss my bus.
3) What do you do when vending machines steal your money? I hardly ever use vending machines. I can't justify spending as much for one Coke or Snickers as I would for an entire box.
4) Do you consider yourself kind? Not as much as I used to. I guess I'm still fairly kind, but I am not very empathetic at all.
5) If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? Why would I ever have to get a tattoo? I don't have one and I don't ever plan to get one.
6) If you could be fluent in any other language what would it be? Arabic, so I could get a job helping my country.
7) Do you know your neighbors? I've chatted with the lady upstairs. Their dog goes on the balcony and barks, and Charlie goes out on our porch and tries to figure out where the noise is coming from. It's hilarious.
What do you consider a vacation? Having my husband be both on leave and on break from his MBA program.
9) Do you follow your horoscope? No. It's like cold reading: dumb.
10) Would you move for the person you loved? Sure. How 'bout next week?
11) Are you touchy feely? I was in high school, but I've slowly grown less touchy feely. I like a nice handshake, and maybe a goodbye hug.
12) Do you believe that opposites attract? Not for me personally. I want to have the most stuff possible in common with my friends and loved ones.
13) Dream job? A specialist in the Army, working for my husband. We used to talk about this a lot in Germany, that I could manage all his paperwork and organize his schedule for him. And call him Sir...tee hee.
14) Favorite channel(s)? Food Network, National Geographic, TNT
15) Favorite place to go on weekends? See #8
16) Showers or Baths? Ugh. I hate all water, especially baths. Sometimes I think maybe I'll grow into them, and I pour a bunch of bubble bath in and get in. And in about five minutes, I am hating it and wanting to get out. I hate showers too, but a girl's gotta wash somehow.
17) Do you paint your nails? Sometimes.
1 Do you trust people easily? In some ways. Once I lent a boy at my college something like $900. I knew he was good for it. My parents nearly died.
19) What are your phobias? I don't know. I'm sure I could think of something if I wasted more time on it.
20) Do you want kids? Sure, in 2008.
21) Do you keep a handwritten journal? I used to write all the time before I started blogging. Now I still keep these books where I make my own calendars and organizers. Sometimes I write thoughts in there, or like glue in a picture of a cool quilt from a magazine, and other things like that. I have a ton of old journals that freak me out: I want to get rid of them because I don't want anyone to ever read them, especially pre-husband crap that was all needy and obsessive about stupid boys I hate now, but it seems silly to throw away something that was obviously important for me to write at the time. So I want to write in journals, but I never want to read them again.
22) Where would you rather be right now? In our new house instead of typing on a TV tray in a completely empty room.
23) What makes you feel warm and safe? Snuggling up next to my husband at night.
24) Heavy or light sleeper? Light. Once in Germany I woke up when my cell phone battery died and it beeped. It was in my purse downstairs.
25) Are you paranoid? No, not really.
26) Are you impatient? Not as bad as my husband. I wouldn't say I'm impatient, but I am definitely inflexible. If we say we're leaving at noon, we'd better be out the door at 12:00 or I'll start getting panicky.
27) Who can you relate to? CaliValleyGirl. Lately I've been emailing her a lot when stuff bugs me and I need someone to vent to.
2 How do you feel about interracial couples? What an odd question to be thrown in between 27 and 29. Um, they're fine. I don't care.
29) Have you been burned by love? What a high-schoolish question. Burned as in fallen in love with someone who was a complete jackass? Then yes. But looking back, it wasn't even love anyway. It's not love if you're both not happy. So no burning.
30) What's your life motto? My friend embroidered a Joe Dirt shirt for me for last Christmas that says "You can't have no in your heart." I love that shirt.
31) What's your main ringtone on your mobile? Some free choice preprogrammed into Verizon. I never did get my Dallas theme song...
32) What were you doing at midnight last night? Sleeping on a mattress for the last time in the next two weeks.
33) Who was your last text message from? Erin. It's been my only text message since getting to the US.
34) Whose bed did you sleep in last night? This is a very collegeish question. My own. Duh.
35) What color shirt are you wearing? oatmeal
36) What are you listening to right now? Absolutely nothing. Empty house, remember?
37) Name three things you have on you at all times? shirt, pants, underpants
3 What color are your bed sheets? Man, I have more sets of sheets than you can shake a stick at. My favorites are my cowboy sheets.
39) How much cash do you have on you right now? My purse is in the other room and I'm way too lazy to go check. Something like $40.
40) What is your favorite part of the chicken? Remember when Cartman ate all the skin out of the bucket of KFC? Awesome.
41) What's your fav city/place? San Antonio
42) I can't wait till . . . we move into our house.
43) Who got you to set up a blog? I wrote an email to Den Beste about something I saw in a college class, and it got so much traffic that I finally kicked off a blog to cash in on the glory myself.
44) What did you have for dinner last night? A filet mignon sandwich. Not as yummy as I would've hoped.
46) Have you ever smoked? not even once
47) Do you own a gun? not yet, but soon
4 Tea or Coffee? I'm ambivalent about both.
49) What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? Don't act "like a damn woman"? That's why my husband's here.
50) Do you have A.D.D.? No. But you might want to mark me down under OCD.
51) What time did you wake up today? 6:45, bright and early for the movers. They rolled in at 9:00.
52) Current worry? Someone will steal my husband's bike during the PCS.
53) Current want? Last week's warm weather.
54) Favorite place to be? at home
55) Where would you like to travel in the future? Anywhere in the US
56) Where do you think you'll be in 10 yrs? No idea. At our next duty station so we don't have to PCS again? Yeah, right.
57) Last thing you ate? Pizza Hut
5 What songs do you sing in the shower? I don't.
59) Last person that made you laugh? One of the movers, some guy they called Lemon.
60) Worst injury you've ever had? Minor stuff.
61) Does someone have a crush on you? Doubtful
62) What is your favorite candy? anything but licorice
63) What song do you want played at your funeral? "The Fairest of the Seasons" by Nico and "Please Don't Bury Me" by John Prine
Posted by: armywifetoddlermom at December 05, 2006 06:58 PM (GzzGi)
Posted by: Andi at December 06, 2006 08:11 AM (OzAse)
Posted by: Maggie at December 06, 2006 05:25 PM (A5SFX)
Posted by: Titan Mk6B at December 08, 2006 11:43 AM (Xpukq)
Posted by: Ruth H at December 08, 2006 02:40 PM (eWQeg)
55 queries taking 0.243 seconds, 191 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.