After two more hours last night and another hour this morning, it's done. And either I'm the worst crocheter in the world, or something was off on that pattern. I specifically chose it because it sounded quick: 126 rows, piece of cake. I had to actually crochet an extra 50 rows just to get the length right. Not as quick as I'd hoped.
It looks great! You do fantastic work, even if it wasn't quite so cake-like.
Posted by: Stephanie at August 01, 2008 07:41 AM (hooJk)
Posted by: keri at August 01, 2008 10:26 AM (HXpRG)
Maybe it was a gauge difference? Like you had a smaller gauge so it took longer than you thought it would? Oh, I also scrolled down to an early July post and saw how you had the yarn in separate bags. That's a great idea, I'm never that organized with multiple colours
anyway, however long it took, it looks great.
Posted by: Denise at August 01, 2008 01:29 PM (vEC+I)
Denise -- Yeah, what I mean is that something was fishy with the gauge. I hit the width spot on, but the height was way off. 4 inches should've been 10 sc + 11 rows, but for me it was 10 sc + 15 rows. I didn't know you could hit the width so perfectly and be SO FAR off the height.
Posted by: Sarah at August 01, 2008 01:36 PM (TWet1)
Posted by: A Soldier's Wife at August 01, 2008 03:59 PM (jA2RX)
That looks lovely! What a wonderful gift.
Posted by: Guard Wife at August 02, 2008 11:49 AM (F5iCn)
That is strange. Maybe the pattern meant it to be double-stitch or something, but was written wrong. Yay for finishing, though, regardless. Afghans take forever sometimes.
Posted by: Emily at August 04, 2008 09:06 AM (jAos7)
That's happened to me before where my gauge was fine going across but was off on rows, but that was in knitting. I don't even measure gauge on rows, I just measure length now. Anyways, the afghan looks great!
Posted by: Tania at August 05, 2008 10:28 AM (KfVPZ)
| Add Comment