September 17, 2007
September 13, 2007
September 06, 2007
I wrote about the making of an heirloom over at SpouseBUZZ.
I am so happy about this project.
September 03, 2007
1) Get everything ready and get hyped up to start the project.
2) Sit down and quilt the first row.
3) Go to start the second row; top thread doesn't catch and I quilt several inches before I realize I'm sewing without thread. Remove entire quilt from machine and rethread.
4) Start again, only to find that the second time I inserted the quilt, the bottom layer got a wrinkle in it.
5) Pop in a Futurama disc and spend 40 minutes tearing all stitches out.
6) Finally make second row.
7) Without changing a single thing, start third row and find that tension has completely changed and a big knot forms on underside of work.
Cut everything out, spend 15 minutes unquilting.
9) Take all thread out, rethread, try on actual quilt because I'm a moron: tension still berserk. 5 minutes of unquilting. Unthread, take apart every removable piece of the machine, blow on it like an old school Nintendo, put it all back together, try again, this time on scraps: tension fine.
10) Put quilt back on machine, tension goes berserk.
11) Grit teeth, clench fists, shut off machine and return to my knitting where there's no #$%& technology between me and my craft.
Total time spent: all morning
Total rows quilted: 2
If I didn't want the finished project so badly, I'd throw the whole thing out the window.
51 queries taking 0.0726 seconds, 189 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.